Monday, February 28, 2011

Countdown to the Sew-along!

Man!  Today was a crazy day at work, and as the day grew older, my head started pounding more and more.  You may think this was due to my job (quite the contrary, I actually really love my job!), but it also came with a small tickle in my throat.  The pollen has arrived in south Georgia. 

It is a really gorgeous time of year.  I don't think the Bradford Pear trees had bloomed when I drove in to work, but this afternoon, when I was on my way to pick up Jenna, they had!  It was amazing. . .bradford pears are my favorite tree in terms of beauty.  I just really love the way they turn white when they bloom. 

I digress though.  I hope you are all getting ready for the start of the sew-along this weekend.  It will be fun, and you'll have a super-cute dress to show for all of your hard work!


6 comments:

  1. I wish our weather were warm enough to have pollen LOL! Still a foot of snow on the ground and snowbanks and plowed snowhills that are several stories high. *sigh* Hoping for spring to arrive soon.

    I have all the stuff ready for the sew along. I can't wait to work on the dress, even though I hate having to trace my Ottobre's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Stacy! The pollen can really wreak havoc if you have any form of allergy. I have to admit though, that I'm absolutely loving the warm weather.

    I'm itching to start the sew-along too, but I'm making myself wait until Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll join you! (On two conditions...that the pattern goes small enough for my Miss M -- haven't checked yet -- and that I can scrounge some fabric for it from my stash). I just found your blog today via Cindy at Siestas and Sewing.

    I join those who are jealous of your warm weather. It was "warm" today at 53, but we have snow in the forecast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad--I hope you are able to join me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I checked and I'm in! A 92 should be alright, though I may need to narrow it a bit for my slim girl. Whether I do a shirt or a dress will depend on my fabric... This will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I'm so glad you can join :). It will definitely be fun!

    ReplyDelete