Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Purse and Wallet for the Silent Auction

This past Saturday was the Spring Festival and silent auction at Allie's school, and they asked for donations for the silent auction.  I decided to make a purse and wallet, but I wasn't sure anyone would bid on it, so I made one that I would love to keep if no one wanted it.  Luckily (or not, depending on how you see it), some people did want it, and it ended up selling, so that's good. 

The purse is the Amy Butler Birdie Sling in some of Amy Butler's fabrics.  Funny story though:  I chose these fabrics to go together based on a seeing them made into a  different purse on the website, but when the fabrics arrived at my house, I just wasn't sure I would like them together.  I laid them out on the table and stared at them all day, and they didn't look okay together to me until the next morning. 


Here's a closer look at the fabrics.  Aren't they gorgeous together?




The wallet is self-drafted.  It is what I call my "Hold it wALLet"--corny, huh? :)  But, it literally holds everything. 

Zippered change pocket and bill pocket.
12 card slots with storage pockets behind them.
And a checkbook cover. 


I'm glad it sold!  I will be making a couple more sets in the coming weeks:  one for me and one for a friend. 



3 comments:

  1. Love the wallet, a tutorial on that would be really cool, been looking for a great wallet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually think she "wrote" a pattern for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have an e-pattern for the wallet that I wrote and used to raise money for the 3-day walk last year, but I don't have it listed anywhere. I just need to decide what to do with it. . .whether I want to try to sell it and the smaller wallet pattern I made at the same time. . .I just don't know.

    I'll keep yo posted :)

    ReplyDelete