Sunday, July 10, 2011

They needed sun hats too, right?!

Soon after modelling my hat for me, both girls decided they needed a sunhat too. . .afterall, we are going to the beach.  (The keep reminding me.)  I let them both go shopping in my stash for their coordinating fabric. 

Allie chose the green and black floral she had picked for her Laguna and specified that she wanted black binding like my hat. 



 The only alteration I made to the original pattern was to fold out some of the height in the crown of the hat and remove about an inch from the outside of the brim.  I also made the band about an inch narrower.  I left the circumference of the hat the same, which worked fine.  For our family, the one size fits all hat is kid-sized!


Jenna chose a super-cute sea animal print that I bought as a remnant several years ago. 


I didn't have any matching bias binding, so I made hers to match.  I also couldn't find my bias maker thingamajig, so I made it the old fashioned way. . .luckily, it didn't take too much.



This free pattern has been 100% worth it!  Ha ha.  I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. These are lovely hats too! You 3 will be the best dressed girls on the beach.:) The sea life print is one I wished I'd found when I was pregnant with my youngest....it would have been perfect for the nursery. Got to love those little creatures in it, especially the seahorses!

    ReplyDelete