Saturday, September 3, 2011

Dortje for Jenna


I don't usually do much embellishment on clothing, but Farbenmix Dortje trousers beg for it, so I decided to try my hand at it for Jenna.  I did the 3-part pieced legs on these and inserted rick-rack into the seams between the knee panels and the pant tops and bottoms.    Here is the front:

And the back shows my other embellishment!

I made a 5/6, which is still a little bit too big for her, but maybe they will fit a little better by the time it cools off here.  The embroidery on the pockets is a free design from Lynnie Pinnie.


The pocket facing gives her a little surprise, and since I forgot to add a hem allowance when I was cutting the fabric, I ended up doing a hem facing with the same fabric.


Next up, pants for Allie. . .without the fun embellishment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment