Sunday, October 2, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake

Jenna is going to be Strawberry Shortcake for Halloween. . .the new and updated version, not the version I grew up with. 

Here she is.  I started with a t-shirt pattern and added the contrast skirt.  I digitized the embroidery for the bodice.    (Sorry, the pictures are just a bit out of focus.  I have no idea why--obviously operator-error.)


The hat was a bit of a conundrum.  I couldn't figure out how to do the brim of the hat without it flopping or covering her eyes.  After making the top part of the hat, which is basically a circle gathered to a ribbing band, I realized that she could wear a visor under the hat, and only the brim would show.  The visor started out white, so I painted it green.

I'm not completely done with the hat.  It is a bit floppy.  I'm going to add some stuffing and the green leaf that goes on top, but I think it is pretty darn cute already!

No comments:

Post a Comment